We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 27 July 2009

Some of your questions answered....

Q. Do you have to have a blog to take part?
A. No, you can take part via email too, the email addy is on the top right of the screen and a clicky link will be in every challenge post.


Q. I'd like to have a blog but don't know where to start
A. There are instructions on the page on how to create your own blog (scroll down the menu on your right) If you get stuck email and I'll help as much as I can!


Q. What is blog candy?
A. Blog candy is a giveaway usually of craft goodies that you can win by following the instructions on the site.


Q. I'm not a new cardmaker, can I still join in?
A. Of course! Although this blog is designed for newer cardmakers anybody is welcome to play along with the challenges. I would be encouraging you to try something new that you haven't before if you're more experienced though!


Q. What do you class as "new" or "inexperienced" cardmaker?
A. Thats entirely up to you! You may have been making cards 3 years but only for family and friends so may not have made that many or you may have jumped straight into blogging, swaps and challenges 3 months ago and made dozens so there is no definate answer. Anybody can take part in our challenges but if you do class yourself as a bit more experienced then why not have a try at something outside your usual style or comfort zone?


Q. When is the 1st challenge?
A. Challenge 1 is 10th August which is our official opening.


Q. Does it cost anything to take part?
A. Gosh noooo! Not a thing!


Q. I am a scrapbooker, I don't make cards (yet) Can I do scrapbook layouts?
A. Yes you can! Some of the challenges might be a bit more difficult but you should be able to play along just fine!


Q. I want a pretty blog!! How do I get a pretty blog?
A. This really is very easy! If you see a pretty blog around chances are there will be a link to the creators somewhere. Go to their link i.e http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ or http://bloggerblogbackgrounds.blogspot.com/ for the gorjuss girls ones.

They will all have instructions on site on what you need to do but generally it is...

Go into your customise option (top right)
Add a gadget and select the html option (about 3rd one down) and copy and paste the code across from the site.

To make a personalised banner you need to download this and edit it in software such as paint shop pro or you can edit online at places such as photobucket.


Q. How do I add items to my toolbar?
A. As previous question, you need to go into Customise and add gadgets so choose blog lists, link lists, pictures and more. They are self explanitory when you select them.

4 comments:

  1. Will be looking forward to the Blog Candy!

    Am new to blogging so am looking for all the help i can get.. this blog is very helpful.

    Carrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one great blog!@ Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only started a blog a few days ago and really don't know what I'm doing. Your info is a great help, Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found this blog as I am new to card making and blogs and its a great help

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.